mardi 23 novembre 2010

Movember over, Ironman done and Beverley Hills celebrity chasing

Movember is over until 2011, as Jennifer made me shave my Movember after arriving in Arizona. She also argued that the facial hair would slow me down during the Ironman, so I gave up and shaved this beautiful mustache. :(


Iroman Arizona is done. It was a tough race, strong wind on the bike (cross or head, almost never at your back) but especially tough when all my hopes of catching up to Jennifer went away with a flat during the 3rd loop on the bike. With no hopes of catching up to her and knowing I'd get chicked by my wife left me with very little motivation to push hard, so I walked most of the 2nd run loop while eating way to much at each aid station. I finished strong on the 3rd loop just wanting to be done with the race. Anyways, why push hard knowing you won't qualify for Kona or do a PB on the race, when you can let your wife do all the hard work and get a spot for Kona!!

Jennifer holding her confirmation spot for Kona!

Yes, Jennifer finished 2nd in her age
group and qualified for the 2011 Ironman World Championship in Kona, Hawaii! This means I'll be her personal support crew next October in Kona, and I'll have to push her to train harder until then, but I won't have to do all the workouts, just motivate her! :)

We're now sitting in Beverley Hills in a little café waiting for some Hollywood stars to show up and sharing quickly Ironman adventures before we head out for our honeymoon in Fiji. Jennifer is now an Ironman (Ironwoman) and actually beat me while doing so. I might have to stay quiet until the next revenge event: Gatineau Loppett, Montréal Half-Marathon, Ottawa Marathon, Muskoka 70.3, etc. I'll have many occasions to beat her again, but I have to admit that it's going to take another full Ironman to really take this one back. Since I won't be racing in Kona 2011, I'll have to convince Jennifer to HTFU and register with me for Ironman Canada in 2012. She's already trying to bail out of it or make excuses. She's afraid of the hills, afraid of this or that, but she's mostly afraid that I'll beat her this time around!

Okay, apart from wanting to beat my beloved wife, I'm really excited to have another 10 days of vacation and sit on a beach for a full week.

We'll be back online in December with a tan!

Tschussy!

2 commentaires:

  1. Salut Simon,
    Félicitations à Jennifer pour sa course et félicitations à toi pour ... avoir rasé ta moustache ! Peut-être qu'avec ta moustache tu aurais pu patcher ta crevaison.
    Bon voyage de noces !!! On a hâte de voir les photos.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Bonjour Simon!

    Je viens d'apprendre que tu es marié en lisant l'arbre généalogique fait par ton père. Une recherche Google avec ton nom et celui de ta conjointe m'a permis de découvrir vos deux blogs et d'en apprendre encore plus sur vos activités au cours des trois dernières années. C'est vraiment impressionant. Et la vie avec Lola, quelle aventure!

    Alain

    ndgmtlcd@gmail.com

    RépondreSupprimer

Merci de laisser un commentaire!